SOAR Fox Cities is a non-profit organization located in Appleton, WI. We are dedicated to empowering people with developmental disabilities. We are looking for camp counselors for our annual SOAR Camp Onaway, a five-day camp experience designed for youth and adults with developmental disabilities.
When: Tuesday, June 6, 8:30 AM until Saturday June 10, Noon
- Desire and ability to work with children and adults with special needs
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Good character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor and patience
- Attend the counselor orientation meeting prior to camp
- Develop opportunities for interaction between campers and staff
- Provide opportunities for the group so that individual campers can participate successfully in all aspects of camp.
- Report any health problems to the camp nurse
- Supervision of all aspects of the campers' day (that they're dressed appropriately for weather/activities, sunscreen is applied, reports to nurse for any medications, cabin and camp clean-up, meal times, free time, and assigned activities
- Actively participate in activities with the campers
- Set a good example for campers (table manners, language, sportsmanship, sharing clean up and chores, etc.)
- Manage personal time off in accordance to camp rules
- Some duties may be assigned or reassigned as required
Essential Function: Must possess the ability to maintain constant supervision of campers